How do you write a fraction in simplest form?Space and Astronomy
How do you find the simplest form of a fraction?
A fraction is in simplest form when the top and bottom cannot be any smaller, while still being whole numbers. To simplify a fraction: divide the top and bottom by the greatest number that will divide both numbers exactly (they must stay whole numbers).
What does it mean to write a fraction in simplest form?
Thus, finding the simplest form of a fraction means reducing the top and bottom of the fraction to the smallest whole number possible. Fun Facts. The simplest form is the smallest possible equivalent fraction of the number.
What is the simplified form of 4 8?
8 divided by 2 is 4 . As a result, we continue by reducing the fraction 4/8 to 2/4 .
What is the simplified form of 2 6?
Video quote: We can divide the numerator as well as the denominator by 6 the numerator will be 12 by 6 and the denominator will be 18 by 6.
What is the fraction in simplest form 9 12?
So the greatest common factor of 9 and 12 is 3. So you divide both sides by 3. So the simplest form of 912 is 34 .
What is the simplified fraction of 5 15?
1 Answer. Aviv S. The simplified form is 13 .
What is the simplified form of 6 10?
3 over 5 may be the simplest form of six tenths, if you divide each side by two, then you’ll find its impossible to continue simplifying, thus giving yu three over five.
What is the simplified fraction of 2 8?
Explanation: It is 14 because you find a common number that both the numerator and the denominator can be divided by. In this case, it is 2 . You can’t divide 14 anymore so that is the final answer.
What is the simplified fraction of 3 6?
Answer and Explanation: In its simplest form 3/6 is 12 or 0.5 in decimal form.
How do you simplify fractions answers?
Video quote: This fraction well notice that 6 & 8 are both even numbers. So therefore we can divide each number by 2 6 divided by 2 is 3 8 divided by 2 is 4 and so the answer is going to be 3 over 4.
What is the simplest form of 2 5?
As you can see, 2/5 cannot be simplified any further, so the result is the same as we started with. Not very exciting, I know, but hopefully you have at least learned why it cannot be simplified any further!
What is the simplified version of 8 12?
The fraction 8/12 simplified is equal to 2/3.
What is the simplest form of 6 15?
The fraction 6/15 in simplest form is 2/5. The given fraction 6/15, is further simplified by dividing both numerator and denominator by 3.
How do you reduce 3 9?
Video quote: So 3 over 9 3 divided by 3 that equals 1 and 9 divided by 3 also works. So that equals 3. So 3 over done reduces to 1 over 3.
What is the reduced fraction 4 10?
1 Answer. 410 in lowest terms is 25 .
How do you simplify mixed fractions?
Video quote: And denominator is 1 we are in simplest form so again we only simplify the fractional part of a mixed number and we leave the whole number.
How do multiply fractions?
The first step when multiplying fractions is to multiply the two numerators. The second step is to multiply the two denominators. Finally, simplify the new fractions. The fractions can also be simplified before multiplying by factoring out common factors in the numerator and denominator.
What is the fraction of 3 12?
Answer and Explanation: The simplified fraction of 3/12 is 14 .
What is the simplest form of 60?
Answer: 60% as a fraction in simplest form is 3/5.
What is the simplified form of 4 20?
Answer: The simplest form of 420 is 15. Therefore, 4/20 simplified to lowest terms is 1/5.
- Tracing Ancient Pathways: Unveiling Migration Routes of Asian Animals to the Americas
- Unraveling the Vertical Mystery: Understanding the Vertical Coordinate System in WRF Simulations
- What is a reasonable range of values for resistance to heat flux?
- Transforming Negativity: Converting ERA5 PET Data to Positive for Climate Analysis
- Curious natural patterns on the surface of basalt blocks that make up the sidewalk
- The Pristine Perfection: Unraveling the Enigma of Pingualuit Crater’s Pure Water
- Unveiling the Dynamic Nature of Earth: Exploring the Intricacies of Thermal Expansion in Geophysics
- Unraveling the Enigma: Exploring the Surprising Velocities of P Waves in Earth’s Lower Mantle vs. Core
- Unlocking the Arctic: Exploring Recent Temperature Anomalies as a Proxy for Global Heating
- How does a subduction zone form mountains?
- Unveiling the Magnetic Powerhouse: Exploring the Earth’s Magnetic Field Strength at McMurdo Station, Antarctica
- Unveiling the Mysteries: Exploring General Circulation Models for Simulating Venus’s Atmosphere
- Unveiling the Connection: Exploring the Relationship Between Soil Thickness and Altitude, Slope Angle, and Moisture in Earthscience
- Unveiling the Magnetic Power Shift: Exploring the Mid-Point Strength of Reversals in Earth’s Magnetic Field